How Water Damage Can Impact Your Mount Kisco Property
Our expert technicians work hard to restore your Mount Kisco home after water damage and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Water Damage Assistance with SERVPRO in Mount Kisco Brings Efficient Results
Mount Kisco residents or business owners dealing with water damage need to fix it quickly. Waiting too long to address water infiltration and hidden moisture could lead to costly secondary damage. Additionally, moisture lurking within your property presents the perfect opportunity for black mold to develop. SERVPRO features 24/7 response with proven methods and the latest technology to facilitate water removal services. With one call to our customer care team, you could have technicians at your door ready to get started in four hours or less. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
To help you with cleanup and water damage in Mount Kisco, we must come in to assess and inspect all areas where water damage is present. Our crew chief notes surfaces and materials impacted, the type of water, and how much has been affected. This allows for proper selection of equipment, how many pieces of equipment, and which processes and cleaning will help us achieve our goals.
Rapid Response 24-Hours a Day
Acting fast is imperative with any water-related incident. We bring some of the following tools to your home off of our Green Fleet of vehicles so that we can get to work:
- Water removal tools/equipment – These may include truck-mounted pumps, gas-powered pumps, and submersible pumps. Depending on how much water is present, we could use several types of equipment. For example, drying mats are available to handle floor drying, while weighted extractors (rovers) can help push up and pull out water from carpeting and the carpet pad below.
- Drying and dehumidification equipment – We have a selection of air movers and dehumidifiers to help encourage evaporation to bring relative humidity (RH) back to normal levels in your home.
- Cleaning agents – Our technicians have access to a wide range of EPA-registered cleaning agents and antimicrobials to help us deter mold growth and ensure all surfaces are clean, disinfected, and sanitized.
What About Hidden Moisture Behind Walls and Under Cabinetry?
SERVPRO’s techniques include specialized structural drying to help us get the best results faster. You could have water that migrates under cabinetry, behind baseboards, and other tight spaces that pose a challenge with some antiquated restoration methods. In many situations, we can get in with minimal disruption to facilitate drying so that no hidden moisture gets left to cause secondary damage or mold growth.
We get started with moisture detection tools such as:
- Surface moisture meters
- Probing/penetrating moisture meters
- Thermal imaging technology
We can take several avenues to help us handle moisture mitigation, some of which may involve controlled demolition. Our options include:
- Drill/weep holes – We can remove baseboards and create “weep” holes by drilling into surface materials. This creates openings where we can enhance air circulation and facilitate better drying.
- Positive air pressure systems – Once any pooling is remedied behind walls or tight spaces, we can put positive air pressure units in place. These systems include outlet hoses placed into the weep holes to push warm air throughout.
Let Us Help Ensure your Homeowner’s Insurance Claim goes Smoothly
Whenever you get dealt a blow from water damage, you never want to add to your stress level by having issues with your insurance claim. We take the time to carefully document every detail of your water damage project so that your claim goes as smoothly as possible. SERVPRO acts as a trusted liaison with your insurance provider so that you never have to worry.
By calling our offices at SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County, you will access our entire crew and industry-proven water damage methods. You can reach us 24/7 by dialing (914) 241-8100.
Fire Damage Restoration in Mount Kisco Homes
The fire department is here to help put out the fire; SERVPRO is Here to Help during fire damage restoration in Mount Kisco.
SERVPRO Improves Fire Restoration Outcomes in Mount Kisco by Using Unique Procedures
Knowing the tedious work and costs involved in fire damage restoration, you might question its essence. However, since saving valuables at your Mount Kisco home is essential, the restoration exercise is critical. Generally, items resilient to heat and flame exposure and do not absorb water are readily salvaged. Advanced restoration can help address changes in materials such as charring and accumulation of residues.
Proper planning is essential for effective fire damage restoration in Mount Kisco properties. Otherwise, it is possible to do significant work that does not change the trajectory of the incident. When SERVPRO intervenes, it is easier to optimize any fire damage restoration step to address the arising problems.
Deciding what to save after a fire may not be as straightforward as you might think. Although you may consider all the items in your house as valuables, you have to alter your outlook during fire damage restoration. The value of an item has to be weighed against the cost of getting a replacement, the time and effort needed to fix it, and whether it holds any sentimental value. A professional assessment can narrow down the items to consider salvaging by identifying the technical issues restoration must address.
Readily salvageable materials include:
- Glass materials
- Metal items
- Hardwood floors
- Soiled fabrics
The glass items affected by a fire in your house could range from kitchen utensils to structural materials such as window panes. Since glass is resilient to some degree of heat and does not absorb residues or moisture, items left intact are easily salvaged after a thorough cleaning. One problem with glass items is the hazy look that develops after cleaning the soot residues, making your precious items look cheap. Our SERVPRO technicians use advanced cleaning methods to remove such blemishes. Specializing cleaning products such as the Window Green Clean solution help strip off soot residues, leaving window panes shiny for glass panes. For small items like utensils, immersion methods such as Ultrasonic Cleaning help.
An ultrasonic cleaning system combines the power of chemical agents with a mild abrasive power to provide the best cleaning outcomes. Abrasion comes from millions of tiny vapor bubbles that the system produces and implodes instantaneously, effectively removing fire residues.
Restoring Significant Changes
Some of the changes in materials triggered by fire are significant, but it might be possible to reverse them with the right fire damage restoration approach. Charring and deep soiling are likely for solid wood materials such as frames and trusses supporting the house. Charring can weaken the structural materials if it is deep enough. It also leads to persistent odor issues if not fully addressed.
Dealing with charring
- Measure char depth, depths of ¼ inch or less can be salvaged, even on roof trusses
- Clean abrasively to remove residue
- Seal or refinish the affected areas
Using a simple tool such as a char gauge, our SERVPRO technicians check whether any charred material section exceeds a percentage that would compromise the structural integrity, thus making it unsalvageable. Removing a layer of carbon residues left as charring requires significant power since it is attached to the material, unlike a layer of deposits that you can easily wipe off. An abrasive cleaning method is essential. Our crews assess the situation to determine whether sanding or blast-cleaning with a medium like dry ice or soda would be ideal. Dry ice and soda are excellent when you do not intend to scour the material deeply or leave significant debris. The two blast cleaning methods drive dry ice or soda pellets over a surface at a high pressure where they disintegrate on impact, stripping away unwanted fire residues.
SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County takes any action necessary to ensure fire damage restoration has a positive impact. Call us at (914) 241-8100. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Detailed Mold Damage Repair You Can Trust in Mount Kisco
Spot mold damage in your Mount Kisco home? Contact our SERVPRO team to determine the cause and remediate the damage.
Call SERVPRO in Mount Kisco When You Require Mold Damage Assistance
Did you know that many property owners have mold developing in their homes without realizing it? Many mold infestations go undetected for a while, leading to costly damage to a home. Should you detect musty odors or have questions about areas that seem like mold development, calling SERVPRO to your Mount Kisco property is best. We have the proper experience, tools, and training to safely handle mold remediation to give you added peace of mind, making your home Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Why not tackle mold damage in Mount Kisco as a DIY project? It would be best never to spray areas with bleach or other cleaners whenever you suspect mold development. It is also vital that you never wipe, brush or disturb mold as it can dislodge the spores and cause them to become airborne. Instead, our team at SERVPRO can come in to inspect areas where mold is suspected, address the moisture issue that brought it on, and handle safe, effective mold cleanup.
Know the Signs of Possible Mold Development
Mold is everywhere around us, in the air we breathe and on countless surfaces. However, you may not think you have a mold issue unless you can see it with your own eyes. You need to know that:
- Some mold colonies present visible signs that you may see inside cabinets, in the back of a closet, or the bathroom.
- You may only have your olfactory senses to count on in some cases. Overwhelming musty and foul odors could be telling you that mold is present somewhere in your home.
Our IICRC-certified technicians at SERVPRO know how to identify mold growth and select the best processes for cleaning.
How Does Mold Cleanup Start?
Once we arrive at your property, we simultaneously locate areas where mold seems to be developing and address the cause of excessive moisture. Failing to fix a leaking pipe or pulling up moisture from a water spill can open the door for mold to come back. We work to determine the best course of action based on the type of mold present, the area it is located, and the severity of the situation. Structural elements and building materials also get assessed to determine their safety and overall integrity.
Disposal and Cleaning Commence
After containment barriers like negative air pressure and poly sheeting get put into place, the work begins. Any materials or contents deemed unsalvageable due to mold infestation get removed from your Mount Kisco home and disposed of according to local guidelines. Surface cleaning and vacuums are usually the ideal solutions, but there are cases where microbes are rooted deeply, and specialized methods are necessary. Some of the options available to us will include things like:
- Surface cleaning with EPA-registered antimicrobials
- Soda blasting
- Controlled demolition
Drying and Dehumidification are Crucial for Mold-Related Projects
We do whatever is possible to dry your interior where moisture has become an issue. Our dehumidification equipment allows us to pull vapors from their air, while Injectidry and other drying equipment will enable us to push air through cavities where moisture may be lurking. We adjust our equipment and add or remove pieces as needed to help us achieve our drying goals.
You Deserve to Have Your Home “Like it never even happened.”
Before we finish our mold remediation and cleanup, all damage gets repaired with the help of trusted local contractors. Drywall gets replaced, new carpet installed, and other elements to bring your home to pre-mold condition. Everything gets finished with total cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorization so that your interior is fresh and ready to enjoy once again.
Call SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County when you require assistance with mold damage. You can reach us by dialing (914) 241-8100, and we can send a crew out as soon as possible.
Fire Damage Restoration for Garages in Mount Kisco
Cleaning soot and fire damage from Mount Kisco homes is a SERVPRO thing. "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Fire Cleanup Teams are Ready to Help
Fires can be devastating to property and human life. Modern homes are full of technology designed to prevent fires or alert homeowners before they become serious. Some of these technologies are obvious in smoke detectors and alarms. Others, like fire retardants and electrical interrupters, are less noticeable. However, these preventative measures keep us safe and stop fires from causing significant damage to the home. Garage spaces, on the other hand, often lack these essential safety measures.
Our fire damage restoration service in Mount Kisco has experience working to repair garages. In the US, the number one cause of garage fires is electrical equipment. Flames can ignite due to overloaded circuits, exposed wiring, or leaving lamps and other electrical equipment unattended. Since we use these spaces to house papers, storage boxes, gas, and wood, any breakout fire has an abundance of fuel sources that can lead to extensive property damage in a short time.
SERVPRO helps residents with:
Any fire involves significant debris removal. Many items burn to cinders in a matter of minutes, leaving charred remains and ash behind. Our technicians can arrange dumpsters to remove larger debris while sweeping and industrial vacuuming the remaining area to eliminate soot. Exposed structural beams commonly found in garage spaces can be charred following a fire. By sanding away surface layers and soaking the remaining structure with a powerful anti-odor solvent, our technicians can help to restore the beams to a good condition.
Contents cleaning for garage fires
- Storage boxes containing clothing can be shipped out of the property for professional cleaning to remove all traces of smoke and soot.
- Special services we offer include artwork or document restoration and immersion cleaning for high-value, salvageable items.
Our team uses General Contractor License #: WC28721-H16 to repair damaged wiring, mechanical appliances, and equipment. If fire strikes your property, contact SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County for fire damage repair at (914) 241-8100.
Protecting Your Home Against Destructive Water Damage
Need help drying your home after water damage in your home? Call SERVPRO to mitigate your problem before it leads to secondary issues.
Tips for Avoiding Costly Post-Water Damage Effects
Water damage accounts for billions of dollars spent annually between recovery and reconstruction in the restoration industry. Protecting your home from this type of destruction means understanding aspects like appropriate insurance coverage and preventative steps to help you evade costly damages that require our SERVPRO experts.
Coverage that Protects Against Water Damage
The standard homeowners or renter’s insurance policy can cover various types of water damage. It is a good rule of thumb that water coming from the top down, such as burst sprinklers, broken pipes, or roof ice dams, is often covered. However, some types of water intrusions and damages might not be covered.
Sewage and backed-up drains impacting the floors of your home and key areas of the property do not often cover the expenses of cleanup without a homeowner maintaining a sewer backup rider. In this rule of thumb, water coming from the ground up, which would include natural flooding, would require a separate insurance policy exclusively for this type of damage, like coverage from the National Flood Insurance Program or secondary coverage offered by a company.
Maintaining your home can effectively reduce or even prevent water disasters from compromising the structures. Despite the talented professionals of our SERVPRO team helping, even extending to our trusted reconstruction partners with Connecticut Reconstruction Services (CRS), it is better to avoid this needed recovery in the first place.
Start with Protecting the Basement
- Resealing - Foundation masonry and floor slabs can crack and separate over the years, leaving vulnerabilities for water penetration and seepage. The presence of water after rain could prove that the waterproofing measures of these masonry units or concrete formations have diminished. Roll-on paint sealants allow for added protection to safeguard against water intrusion.
- How Does Water Drain Away? - Improper drainage and soil arrangements that cause water to flow back towards the foundation of a structure can increase the likelihood of penetration and damage. Even with a French drain system, hydrostatic pressures against the foundational block could expose developing vulnerabilities that worsen over time.
- Backflow Prevention Valves - Backups from the drain or the sewage system create a biohazard event for your property. An easy way to prevent this contamination and flooding is by installing backflow prevention valves on the outflow lines of your sewer system leaving the property. This allows matter to flow in only one direction.
The Maintenance of Indoor Plumbing
- Annual Appliance Hose Inspections - Hoses on water-fed appliances in the house can seriously contribute to the water damage that Mount Kisco residences face. Refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters have hoses and fittings connecting them to the primary water service lines. An annual inspection of these components can diagnose small leaks or deterioration before it becomes a devastating situation. It is recommended to replace hoses every 5-7 years, even if no visible signs of wear exist.
- Checking the Seal of Your Shower - There is a seal of caulking around your shower and tub where these elements connect to the rest of the building materials. When this deteriorates, water damage can result. Check this seal regularly for wear or degradation.
- Shut Off Water When on Vacation - It is a crucial step to sever water to appliances when you intend to be away from the house for a vacation in case a break occurs when you are a thousand miles from home. Similarly, it is a good practice not even to leave the house when you have appliances like the dishwasher or washing machine running.
- Where is Your Water Main Shut Off? - An active water damage event, like a burst pipe, continually worsens until the water flow gets stopped. Knowing where your shutoff is can have you reach this valve quickly to avoid more significant damage to the house and the costs incurred with restoring it.
- Installing Pressure Release - Situations like freezing pipes increase the pressure in the lines, which results in bursting. A pressure release implementation relieves this buildup to avoid costly burst lines and subsequent water damage.
- Check Any Exposed Plumbing Pipes - Inspect connections, fittings, fixtures, and pipes for any cracks, leaks, and drips. Repairs made now can save you big in the future.
Keep Your Belongings Safe from Water Damage
- Waterproof Storage - Avoid storing items in areas prone to moisture damage, like the basement. It is good to get into using waterproof bins for off-season storage.
- Valuables Around Water - Never place your treasures, keepsakes, or memorabilia where you could risk them being destroyed by water or subsequent mold damage.
- Do Not Store Items on the Basement Floor - It is always a good practice to keep stored items off the floor to prevent ruin if flooding, water seepage, or sewage damage occurs.
- Know What You Have - An inventory list of your stored items saves time and stress when water damage threatens the property.
How Your Home’s Exterior Plays a Part
The outer defenses of your Westchester County property can significantly prevent the intrusion and seepage of water. A few steps can help you limit the need for professional restoration services like our SERVPRO team.
- Installing Guards for Gutters - Prevent clogging and gutter overflows that pour water down the side of your home or accumulate on the roof with guards. These attachments to the gutter system make it easy to keep this collection system clear and operating properly.
- Caulk and Seal - Homeowners should inspect windows and structural openings for any vulnerable points. Caulking around seams and window frames can avoid penetration and seepage.
- Inspecting the Roof - Check for missing shingles or structural compromise that needs to get addressed.
- Check the Downspouts - Position these downspouts from your gutters so they direct water away from your home and its foundation. Eliminate debris around this opening to keep water from backing up or pooling.
Preventing water damage, flooding, or even connected mold damage might be a challenge for homeowners. Following these suggestions can help to protect your property. If disasters strike, trust our experienced SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County restoration team. Call us anytime at (914) 241-8100.
Keep Yourself and Your Property Prepared for Hurricane Floods
Call on the experts at SERVPRO for immediate assistance with flood damage to your property after a hurricane.
Never wait until hurricane season to ensure your property is ready to handle extreme weather conditions. Flooding from significant storm events and hurricanes can occur anywhere, even when you reside in an area with low-to-moderate flood risk. All property owners should be prepared for hurricane floods, as doing so could save you thousands in damage and loss.
Did you know? Flood-proofing your home might lessen damage to your foundation and your personal belongings.
Take Necessary Measures to Protect your Home and Loved Ones from Flooding
Regardless if you live in a high-risk or low-risk zone, having proper insurance coverage and working to strengthen your home against flood damage can mean saving thousands on water removal services and repair costs.
The good news is you can follow some crucial steps to ensure you are protected and safe in the event of hurricane flooding:
- Step One: Assess Your Risk Level
Flood risk levels vary from one region to another. Those at higher risk tend to be communities near dams, rivers, mountains, and densely populated areas. If you are unsure about your flood risk level, you can use FEMA’s flood map tool to determine your likelihood of flooding.
- Step Two: Have Flood Insurance Coverage
Many homeowners fail to realize that most home and renter’s insurance policies do not cover flood insurance. Check to see what you have for protection, as you may need to purchase flood insurance through the FEMA-administered National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Step Three: Prepare Your Property
Take measures to protect your property from damaging flood waters. For example, all drains, gutters, and downspouts should be clear and function smoothly. You may also take measures to ensure you have ample sloping to keep water moving away from your foundation. Installing a sump pump is also wise to help keep your lowest level from taking on water.
- Step Four: Safety During and After Flooding
You always need to prepare before a flood to lessen the damage. However, you can also remember several tips to help during a flood. For example, always heed warnings and listen if evacuations are ordered. Avoid moving through flood water as there can be dangerous debris and other hazards.
What Can I do After a Flood?
Each situation is unique, but there are safeguards you can educate yourself and your family on to remain safe after a flood. Keep the following in mind:
- Shut off power at your home’s main breaker if appliances or devices are still plugged in. NEVER use wet electrical devices.
- If your power went out, opt for flashlights rather than candles, if possible. Should you have to use candles, keep the flames away from anything that might catch fire.
- Always drink safe water and eat safe food. You can keep emergency food and water supply handy so that you have items on hand if you cannot reach a store for some time. NEVER eat or drink anything that may have come into contact with storm or flood water.
SERVPRO for Rapid Water Cleanup and Disaster Response
The certified technicians at SERVPRO are on standby in natural disasters like hurricanes and storm flooding. We have backup generator power should yours be out and always come equipped to handle water removal services and drying. We entrust Connecticut Reconstruction Services (CRS) for reconstructions and extreme demolition. Together, we make your property “Like it never even happened.
Reach out to SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County at (914) 241-8100 should you require restoration and drying after a flood. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Fundamental Actions To Fix Mold Damage Situations In Mount Kisco
Letting mold develop unabated in a furniture store can ruin your business.
Essential Steps to Fix Commercial Mold Damage Situations in Mount Kisco Furniture Store
Mold issues can develop anywhere, but in a furniture store, the problem can have severe implications because most of the contents in your stock have materials that support growth. The wood in furniture, for example, holds moisture and provides an organic food source for mold colonies to thrive. Seeking professional assistance to deal with commercial mold damage can help fast-track remediation and prevent a recurrence.
Remediation of commercial mold damage situations in Mount Kisco furniture stores can become more complicated if you damage expensive furniture in the process of cleaning up. Scratching or chemically ruining the surface of wooden items might diminish their value. Our SERVPRO technicians use various approaches to ensure we achieve the intended goal without damaging the items. HEPA vacuuming the items help lift debris such as loose spores and dirt. We also damp-wipe affected wood surfaces using professional cleaning agents and antimicrobial products.
Mold debris spreads easily through the air and or through physical contact, especially if people move freely around the worksite. Isolating the area using containment barriers helps limit cross-contamination, especially when demolishing walls to reach hidden mold. Our SERVPRO technicians use airlock zipper bags and plastic sheets to create an airtight containment zone. We seal all openings, including windows, ventilation ducts, and drains between the containment and the rest of the store. We also ensure there is sufficient room to perform the restoration processes, such as the removal of moldy porous materials.
Cleaning Fabrics and Upholstery
Mold can develop on the fabric of upholstery items leading to issues such as stains and weakening of the material if left unaddressed over extended periods. Cleaning such items requires an agent with antimicrobial properties to kill the spores. It should also leave no stains or long-term odor. Our SERVPRO technicians use different types of professional cleaning agents, including sporicides, antimicrobials, and disinfectants. Our naturally formulated detergents have a low scent and biodegrade naturally.
Letting mold develop unabated in a furniture store can ruin your business. Call SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County at (914) 241-8100 to help. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Is There an Expert I can Call for Water Damage Remediation in Mount Kisco?
Call SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County at (914) 241-8100 for fast and efficient service.
SERVPRO Can Help you with Cleaning Up After a Sewer Backup in your Mount Kisco Warehouse
Many warehouses in the Mount Kisco area employ hundreds of people in various departments. When many people work inside one building, the structure obtains excessive wear and tear. Even though most facilities have a maintenance department responsible for their upkeep, sometimes disasters that require work outside the scope of your maintenance crew can occur.
For example, you may need help from professional commercial water restoration companies in Mount Kisco if your warehouse suffers from a sewer backup. Since your bathrooms inside your warehouse have a lot of use, the sewage lines may be blocked by debris one day. Once the moisture and other waste cannot make their way down your sewer lines, the water may back up and start flowing out of your sink drains and toilets. If the pipes get clogged overnight, your warehouse could get flooded with the contaminated water from your sewer lines.
Luckily, our SERVPRO technicians are available 24/7, and we can assist you in the following ways after you suffer from a disaster:
- Water Clean Up
- Basement Flooding Clean Up
- Water Removal Services
- Water Damage Repairs
- Emergency Services for Water Damages
- Sewage Clean Up
- Black Mold Remediation
- Mold Inspections
- Cleaning Up After a Sewage Backup
The worst part of having your sewer backup in your warehouse is that the water flooding your building is contaminated. Therefore, if any of your building materials or contents that are porous come into contact with the "black" water, then they must get discarded. We can then treat other nonporous items such as your wooden studs or concrete floors with antibacterial solutions.
If the toilets inside your company's warehouse ever backup overnight, call SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County at (914) 241-8100.
Become Familiar With Water Damage Remediation Success in Bedford
Water damage can sneak into your home out of no where. Call the remediation specialists at SERVPRO today for help.
Drywall and Debris Removal from Water-Damaged Bedford Homes
The objective of any reputable restoration company after a water loss incident is to protect your Bedford property with fast-acting mitigation strategies and deliberate containment actions. As you might expect after water emergencies, the damage can quickly spread beyond your control and be too substantial for conventional drying and cleanup approaches to touch. Assessing the damage and reducing the spread of the water damage is our team's top priority when we first arrive at your home.
Debris removal and controlled demolition are vital tasks in water damage recovery in Bedford homes. We have the technicians and professionals to address each phase of restoration for your property, including the extraction and drying of the damaged areas and the construction needs your residence might need. With elements like drywall removal, flooring repair, and other general contracting practices available under one roof, our SERVPRO team is ready to help however you need.
Cleaning your home after a water loss incident begins with a fast response. With a 24/7 emergency team ready to mobilize when disasters occur, we can reduce the severity of water loss incidents with a confident approach that protects lightly affected construction materials and repairs the source of the water damage to stall the worsening conditions successfully.
Drywall is particularly susceptible to water damage and can wick up considerable volumes of this damage from the baseboards. Because of how quickly these conditions can develop and become irreparable, often the best restoration solution available to our skilled professionals is controlled demolition. We make flood cuts by establishing a moisture line where absorption has not yet reached. At this line, we cut out affected portions of sheetrock for later replacement.
We safely dispose of all debris and rubbish from a damaged home according to established guidelines. With removed portions of drywall and the area getting cleaned up by our experienced SERVPRO technicians, we can deploy low-profile air movers into the wall cavities to force moisture into the atmosphere for collection and removal by our dehumidifiers.
As challenging as it might seem getting back to normal after a water loss incident, trusting professional restorers like our SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County team is a wise choice. Our experience and industry-leading equipment can help your home to overcome almost any obstacle it faces in recovery. Call anytime that you need us at (914) 241-8100.
We Can Save Your Mount Kisco Bar After A Mold Infestation!
Give us a call anytime at (914) 241-8100, and our remediation specialists can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Recovery Strategies For Your Mount Kisco Bar
An everyday staple to many bars and nightclubs throughout the Mount Kisco area is their typical lack of big windows and natural sunlight. Additionally, depending on the age of your establishment, you might also find that adequate ventilation was not a primary concern for those constructing the building decades ago. When combined with humid conditions, the original wood construction of your bar, its stools, flooring, and even paneled walls become susceptible to mold growth.
With spores naturally existing in every environment on a microscopic level, mold damage in Mount Kisco businesses is only a matter of meeting the right conditions to promote colonization and the spread of the organism. Battling these detrimental circumstances requires immediate and deliberate action, and our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) of our SERVPRO team can help with a well-trained and highly-developed system of colony removal and restoration.
The bulk of the materials affected in your facility is wood plank flooring and wooden structures and fixtures like the bar, booths, and stools. The development of a colony can spread quickly among these surfaces and items, not only increasing the severity of the situation but also degrading and deteriorating hosting elements. Clearing the organism from these materials is a priority of our SERVPRO team once our containment phase completes.
An effective strategy for removing these colonies is through media and soda blasting. This abrasive cleaning solution removes the entire hyphae of the organism without compromising the integrity of the material hosting the colony. With newly developing colonies and areas only lightly affected by the spreading organism, our team can spray an antimicrobial solution to eliminate mold spores.
Mold growth is a challenging obstacle to overcome, especially in dark and poorly ventilated establishments like your bar. Our SERVPRO of Northern Westchester County team can help with effective colony removal and restorative practices like cleaning, deodorization, and even controlled demolition efforts. Give us a call anytime at (914) 241-8100, and our remediation specialists can make it “Like it never even happened.”